Parents of incoming Senior High School students (Grade 11) would be happy to know that there is such a thing as Senior High School Voucher Program. It is essentially a way for qualified students to claim a discount that is applied to cost of tuition and other related fees. Deadline for manual application is today January 13, 2017 while online applications will be accepted up to February 10, 2017.
To ensure a clearer understanding of the program details, we are providing information as published in the Dep Ed official site. We have chosen the most frequently asked questions. Interested parents and students should check this link for complete information.
What is the Senior High School Voucher Program?
The voucher enables students to claim a “discount” or a deduction from the cost of tuition and other fees charged by a non-DepEd SHS where he or she will enroll. The voucher subsidy is not given to students directly in the form of cash but will be disbursed by DepEd to the non-DepEd SHS where he or she enrolls.
Who are the Recipients?
Public Grade 10 completers and Grade 10 completers who are Education Service Contracting (ESC) grantees in private Junior High Schools (JHS) are automatically qualified voucher recipients and need not apply for a Senior High School (SHS) Voucher.
Automatically qualified voucher recipients:
Public JHS students – will receive 100% of the voucher amount
ESC JHS students – will receive 80% of the voucher amount
May apply, however, applications are subject to review and approval:
Grade 10 completers who are not ESC grantees from private JHS
*Proceed to ovap.deped.gov.ph for online application.
How Much is the Value of the Voucher?
The actual amount of the vouchers will depend on the location of the SHS where the student will enroll.
How to Apply
Reminder: Only Grade 10 completers from private JHS who are non-ESC grantees need to apply in order to avail the SHS Voucher Program. Note that application does not translate to automatic approval. Applications will be subject to a review and approval process.
The steps are:
- Fill out and download the forms and confirmation slip from Online Voucher Application Portal (OVAP): http://ovap.deped.gov.ph.
- Submit the filled out form, confirmation slip, and supporting documents to PEAC National Secretariat before February. 12, 2016 for online application.
- Applicants will be notified of the results. The list of Qualified Voucher Recipients (QVR) will be posted on OVAP.
- For eligible students, download and print your QVR certificates from the OVAP to be presented upon your enrollment.
- Results will be released on March 2016.
What are the Documentary Requirements?
- 2 copies 2×2 ID photo
- Certification of Financial Assistance from the JHS (if applicable, meaning if the student already receives financial support for his schooling under a scholarship program)
- PSA Certified Birth Certificate
- Photocopy of latest Grade 10 report card
- Certificate of Employment (if parent/guardian is employed)
- Latest Income Tax Return of parents/legal guardian or Certificate of Tax Exemption or Municipal Certification of Unemployment
I have a son who is an incoming Grade 11 student thus I’m one of the parents who has to deal with the added cost for the additional 2 years for High School education. The K-12 program was initially difficult to accept because of two reasons: cost of education and longer number of years for a student to complete his/her school education. The Senior High School Voucher Program is one way of alleviating the burden of cost felt by most parents. Make sure to apply if you are one of the intended beneficiaries.
Latest posts by Teresa Martinez (see all)
- Ballet Manila for International Dance Day 2017 - May 8, 2017
- Graduation and Moving Up Explained - April 5, 2017
- Immersion Outreach Program: Real Social Involvement - March 20, 2017